Sunday, September 18, 2011

Joining Weight Watchers

Since college, I have constantly struggled with keeping my weight down. I grew up healthy and very athletic, but somewhere along the way I lost the habits and motivations to eat right and exercise. I few years back, I successfully dropped a lot of weight, but the diet I tried was not one I could stick to for life. It was extremely restrictive, cutting out all the food that I personally love to eat. So, of course, I gained all the weight I lost back.

Over the last year, I've been trying to lose weight again, and while I know what I should be eating, it's not always what I want to eat, instead of losing weight, I've gained about 15 lbs. Along with not eating right, I recently injured myself and exercise has been difficult. Once I am exercising I love it, it makes me feel better about myself, I want to eat healthier, but I have problems motivating myself to exercise.

This past week at work, we got an email saying that they would reimburse the cost of weight watchers, so ... today I'm heading out to join, I have heard great things about this way of life. Plus, the support group aspect will hopefully work for me. I'm getting ready to head to my first meeting now. I hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment