Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Beautiful Wedding!

Two amazing people got married today, and I was privileged enough to be invited. It was a beautiful ceremony, with a very nice reception at a unique venue. A great time. One of the more difficult things about going to a wedding is the idea that I have very little control over what is available to eat.

The food was very good, and I worked very hard to allow myself the opportunity to eat, without having to worry about whether or not I went over my daily points. I didn't eat much before the wedding. A small breakfast, and a snack prior to heading over. I'm so glad I had that snack, cause things kinda took awhile to get going.

The food was served around 7, starting with appetizers, which included garlicky chickpeas, ham and mozzarella, and romaine lettuce. I actually ate the lettuce, which will shock anyone that knows me. There were also huge baguettes at our table, which by the time we got food I was starving so I had one of those. then there was dinner, which was chicken Marsala, pasta in marinara sauce, broccoli, and potatoes. I had a little of all three, and a sliver of cake at the end of the night. If I calculated correctly the dinner was about 2 days worth of food, and by the end left me feeling not so hot.

The good news is there was dancing, and I danced quite a bit. Plus I went for a walk this morning. I had about 26 activity points by the end of this week, and I didn't touch any of my weekly points, which I still have some left. I really hope that I'm still on the weight loss side of things as my first weigh in is tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment